Thursday 9 December 2010

Food for Thought

I recently obtained the new Daft Punk album for the Tron film and I got to say...it's really good, but I can tell Walt Disney totally restricted D.P to do exactly what they wanted. Anyway, this is about how one of their songs really got to me earlier today during college and on the way home. The song "Adagio for TRON" was exceptionally grasping as it really got me into deep thought, at first it allowed me to concentrate like proper, then it started to transition into a lullaby making me feel really tired. Now when I get tired I started to drift into my philosophical side of consciousness.

As this song progresses through it's time-line it starts very soft as if a soothing, hopeful element allowing it's listener to think of good times, then strolls in the etchy power of the orchestra making it a more tense atmosphere as if something seems wrong, what do you do, what has happened, what am I seeing. Then it blows up pushing you into reality where that hope seems to have died from earlier making your dreams and views much more demotivating. Then when all felt so out of place, that soothing lullaby kicked right in to remind you that where ever you go, lie, walk, sleep, there's always a way for things to turn around for the better.

After all this analysing I started to ponder on my reality...your reality...our whole society's reality and I start to realise that this piece has the foundations a life where when you think your on top of the world, that confidence and belief that you will make it to where you want to go and stay, work as, settle down with. And once your young life is nothing but a past memory, it's then when you have stepped into a reality you've never been so unfamiliar with. A scary aspect as everything is acting against you, challenging your very beliefs and ambitions, setting up societies where you feel isolated even with the good friends you have acquired along the way and when you just think WTH, you manage to get that seat by the window of a bus or train and look out of the window n then start to smile knowing everything's going to be just fine.

So folks, have a listen and see what you think, am I just an old badgering man or a bear?



On the Brighter side of things I finally uploaded my new favourite picture


I can safely say she has gone up in the ranks...hope I get more pictures out of her 

1 comment: